100% Correct Answers
PSY 205 Life span development Exam 1
• Question 1 Link the correct attachment style to the following descriptions: (1) thrilled when reunited with a caregiver, (2) confused, erratic response when reunited with a caregiver, and (3) doesn't care when reunited with a caregiver.
• Question 2 Your grandmother was born in 1925. You were born in 1990. If you both took the IQ test at age 7, who would probably get more items correct?
• Question 3 A cohort refers to a:
• Question 4 Carlo weighed 2 pounds at birth and is being discharged from the neonatal intensive care unit. What realistic statement about Carlo's prognosis might you make to his worried parents?
• Question 5 Name the theorist who would give each piece of advice: “Don't respond when your one year old cries out from the crib,” “Be as responsive as possible during the first year of life.”
• Question 6 You are devising a checklist to help parents evaluate early child-care settings. All are questions that should appear on your list EXCEPT:
• Question 7 The branching structure at the end of each neuron is the:
• Question 8 Compared to the early l970s, what fraction of elementary school children are now overweight or obese?
• Question 9 Which young child is MOST likely to obey the rule “Don't touch this toy till dinner”?
• Question 10 How would an evolutionary psychologist describe 1-year-old Ned's need to be close to his mom at all times?
• Question 11 Someone tells you that the heritability of IQ is .75. What should you think?
• Question 12 Pick the twin/adoption study.
• Question 13 Based on the information-processing section, parents can help children “remember” by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
• Question 14 All things being equal, which student is MOST at risk of NOT graduating from high school?
• Question 15 Krissy hates when parents use baby talk, so she speaks to her 1-year-old son exactly like an adult. What should you be thinking?
• Question 16 During the little-scientist phase, babies engage in:
• Question 17 Clarrisa gets a C on her first test in this class and decides to work very hard because she knows she can succeed. According to cognitive behaviorists, Clarrisa has:
• Question 18 A teratogen:
• Question 19 Which child is MOST at risk of having problems adjusting to day care?
• Question 20 Your psychology professor asks you to help him with his study of aggressive children. Your job is to go to a playground and record the frequency of aggressive acts among a sample of first graders. Your measurement technique is called:
• Question 21 You are using scaffolding in teaching baseball if you:
• Question 22 When Mom tosses the action figures into the toy box and slams the lid, Robie cries, “No! They're scared of the dark!” Susie assumes that grandma knows she went to the beach yesterday, even though she didn't tell her: Robbie's comment shows ________ and Susie's illustrates ________.
• Question 23 Gerontologists study:
• Question 24 What is the long-term impact of attending preschool on low-income children?
• Question 25 Pick the part of the brain that develops last.
• Question 26 If a friend is concerned that her 18-month-old son refuses to eat a balanced diet, what should you say?
• Question 27 Based on your understanding of brain plasticity, what would you say to frantic parents whose baby has suffered an injury to the language centers of the brain?
• Question 28 A social worker who counsels Down syndrome teens asks what will happen to her clients in their forties and fifties. What should you say?
• Question 29 Infant mortality in the United States:
• Question 30 A baby sees a new image on a screen and looks up to see what's going on. The name for this process is ________.
• Question 31 With regard to sex differences in elementary school motor skills:
• Question 32 It's Christmas, you are at the mall, and a mom places her 1-year-old on the store Santa's lap. You might expect:
• Question 33 What is the relationship between walking early and later intelligence?
• Question 34 Which statement about the lifespan is most TRUE?
• Question 35 You are a doctor and your patient tells you she is pregnant. Under which situation would you MOST strongly urge chorionic villus sampling (CVS)?
• Question 36 Which of the following is NOT an ability involving executive functions?
• Question 37 All are reasons why eighteenth and nineteenth century doctors were relatively ineffective during labor and birth EXCEPT:
• Question 38 Which of these people is likely to live the longest?
• Question 39 A friend asks, “Who does a baby get attached to at age 1?” Your answer:
• Question 40 Jack and Diane desperately want a son. When they read up on the overall odds of male/female conception, what would they find?
• Question 41 Pick the example of autobiographical memory.
• Question 42 A traditional behaviorist is giving childrearing advice. She would say all of the following EXCEPT:
• Question 43 Your friend's baby has colic. What should you be thinking?
• Question 44 Studies exploring social cognition now show babies:
• Question 45 You put a compelling object in front of your baby nephew, then cover it, and he acts as if it's no longer there. Your nephew is:
• Question 46 Which research question MUST be tested by a correlational study?
• Question 47 When Sammy sees mommy roll the thick ball of dough into a thin circle for a pie crust he says, “Now there is more dough, because it's bigger.” His sister Sara tells Sammy “No, it's the same amount because mommy could just roll it back again and it would look the same.” According to Piaget's framework, Sammy ________ and Sara ________.
• Question 48 Your friend's preschooler has been diagnosed with ADHD and she asks, “Will my son still have this condition as he gets older?” What is the BEST answer?
• Question 49 What area of the lifespan did scientists first study?
• Question 50 You are writing a paper on the effects of prenatal drinking on the baby. You should make all of the following comments EXCEPT:
Excerpt from file: PSY 205 Life span development Exam 1 Question 1 3 out of 3 points Link the correct attachment style to the following descriptions: (1) thrilled when reunited with a caregiver, (2) confused, erratic response when reunited with a caregiver, and (3) doesn't care when reunited with a caregiver.
Filesize: < 2 MB
Print Length: 14 Pages/Slides
Surround your text in
**bold**, to write a math equation use, for example,